The Actress and The Bishop

Thoughts and Ramblings from a Student Librarian.

Name:
Location: Illinois

I act. Lately, I've been acting like a Librarian-in-training

18 January 2007

The Need for Information

While going through my files left over from last semester, I discovered the list of questions I was working on last semester. Those questions were submitted to me by my friends and family, in hopes that I could answer them and write intelligent-sounding posts at the same time. While nearing the end of the semester, I (I will admit it) gave up on the questions listed below. I did research all of them for a time, both online and in the reference stacks of the local University. If any of my kind readers know the answers, or can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

  • What two keys must be pressed to suspend an Intellivison console game?
  • Do you have references about the lay out of the solar system and possible explanations as to its organization?
  • Do you have references regarding robots—specifically the impact of artificial intelligence on the “thinking skills” of a robot?
  • I need to find out what the irradiance of the earth is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Okay, my first question is: What does "irradiance" mean?

January 18, 2007 3:42 PM  
Blogger ActLikeOne said...

It has to do with either rays of light, or the flux of radiant energy per unit area. This from the OED.

January 19, 2007 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home