The Actress and The Bishop

Thoughts and Ramblings from a Student Librarian.

Name:
Location: Illinois

I act. Lately, I've been acting like a Librarian-in-training

14 January 2007

Catching Up

The next few posts will be photo-heavy so I apologize now to anyone with dial-up. This will show you what I've been doing in the last month that made me too busy for any new posts.

Last month I took a road trip to see my friend Lori and her family, who now live near Carbondale, IL. The long and mind-numbing drive was punctuated by listing to the unabridged recording of John Berendt's Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. It was wonderful. I would dedicate a post just to review it, but I'm not that good when it comes to reviews. I usually like all the books and Audiobooks I read, and I love discussing them with people who have also read them, but my reviews would be very dull.
I saw Lori in a Christmas Pageant, which was wonderful; however, the next best thing was the tour she gave me of her local Carnegie Library. It was beautiful and very comfortable. I told Lori that she must promise to take me there each time I visit her.

Here is the front door of the library. Isn't it impressive?

And here is Lori's youngest daughter by one of three gorgeous murals that were painted by one of the librarians. This one is right next to the door leading into the Children's Room.

That's all for today. Tune in for the next post, if you're really curious as to what I've been up to the past month. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home