The Actress and The Bishop

Thoughts and Ramblings from a Student Librarian.

Name:
Location: Illinois

I act. Lately, I've been acting like a Librarian-in-training

19 April 2007

Acting like a Librarian

Ok, so the last few weeks have been very busy for me. I would like to share with you how I have been acting like a librarian lately.

First off, I read a really interesting article, brought to my attention by my Prof, regarding disappearing reference desks. The fact that reference services seem to be disappearing in the past decade didn't make me sad, since what's really happening is that Library Services, and therefore Librarians, are evolving. I know that I will have to be prepared to be easily adaptable if I plan to have a career in Academic Librarianship.

Secondly, I have found some wonderfully hilarious videos about Librarians on YouTube. Here is one comparing librarians to penguins, here is one telling the story of what Librarians do to patrons who don't follow the rules. "I want to be a librarian." Mwaa haa haa haa haa!

I have to go act like a Secretary now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home