The Actress and The Bishop

Thoughts and Ramblings from a Student Librarian.

Name:
Location: Illinois

I act. Lately, I've been acting like a Librarian-in-training

23 February 2007

Laughter Through Tears

While reading Mermaid, I stumbled across this list, arguing why Unicorns are better than zombies. Well, after reading it, I had such a laugh. I hope you enjoy it as well. :)

And I need a laugh because an acquaintance of mine died last week. Her death was a surprise, as it usually is when the person is 16 years old. What pissed me off the most was not her death, ironically, because life is unplanned and we have to accept that; nor the 2-block-long line I had to stand in in 20 degree cold in order to fit into the smallest funeral home ever; nor the photos of she and I together in a 2003 production of Guys and Dolls; what made me mad was that many of her female schoolmates and friends were standing with me in only short skirts, no pantyhose, and long-sleeved sweaters. It's like they were courting death.

Kaitlyn Miller 1990-2007

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Yes, but as we are not In Charge Of The World we don't have any control over the ridiculous actions of others. So we must do ourselves and our blood pressure a favor and LET IT GO.

February 26, 2007 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home