The Actress and The Bishop

Thoughts and Ramblings from a Student Librarian.

Name:
Location: Illinois

I act. Lately, I've been acting like a Librarian-in-training

24 October 2006

The Phantom

My friend Julia sent me this reference question : Do you think you could find out how many people have played the Phantom in The Phantom of the Opera since it opened on Broadway?

Short of contacting The Really Useful Group and asking for their official records, I was able to find this information : according to the Official website ,there are 16 separate actors listed as playing the role of the Phantom in a variety of different tours and companies since it debuted in 1986 in London. While I know 16 isn’t near the actual number, that is what the Official Website says. And according to the Internet Broadway Database , there have been 14 actors portraying The Phantom on Broadway since it debuted there in 1988.

And I hope everyone has a good rest of the week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home